Eikon is now accepting submissions for this upcoming evening event. If you would like to participate by performance or submit work for another person to read or perform on your behalf please read the requirements below:
- all works must be original (written by you)
- your work/selection from your work must be under 10 min in length when performed/read aloud (please time yourself and make the necessary cuts)
- your work should include full names & emails of performers at the top of the submission (if you would like Eikon to connect you with a performer to share your work please indicate so in your email)
- Submit your work double spaced, 12pt font with line numbers and save it as a PDF
- For your submission email use the subject line: Spoken Word Night Entry
- all submissions are a commitment to stick to your manuscript as submitted in your performance (without improvisations) and to talk to Eikon event planner about any desired changes before your performance
visual example of entry format:
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing your voice!
Next meeting 4/6
Only through shadow do we discover texture. Through texture we see God’s creation. With touch we discover the impact that creation has on our bodies, but through sight we behold the wonder and the beauty revealed in
a drop of water rolling across a waxy leaf,
clouds racing across the expanse of sky,
a child seeing light caught in a leaded pane.
The shadows reveal things that we seek to hide: imperfections, wrinkles, and the scars that we think take away from beauty. A break in perfection reveals the glory of His design. In the fallen archway and the cratered mountain, the Creator plays with light and shadow. Through light and shadow he revels in His creation and reveals Himself.
Paul and Laura have been taking pictures since before they met, focusing on life around them and exploring creation from behind the lens. Paul’s lens focused on people and the activity of life, while Laura’s pointed toward the minute and detailed structure of God’s creations. Their son, Connor, became a favorite photographic subject when stole their focus in October of 2013. Paul is finishing his studies at DTS in May with a MACL/MABS. Laura earned her ThM in 2007 and is working on her dissertation for a DMin in Spiritual Formation. They are expecting thier second son, Joshua, at the end of April.
Welcome to our new website.
For starters here’s our 2016 Leadership Team
Katie Fisher ——————- Matt Snyder ——————–Desire Parker
PRESIDENT ——————- VICE PRESIDENT —————-FIELD TRIPS
Mark Pate ———— Stephanie Collier ————- Ann Buren
NETWORK/DESIGN ———— SECRETARY —————- SOCIAL MEDIA/PR
Jordan Parker —————— K Pastore ——————– Jacob Beck
TREASURER/FILM ————– VISUAL ARTS ——————- MUSIC
Paul Singleton —————————————————————- Sarah Frase
WRITING/PR ————————————————————— WRITING/PR
That’s right-if you’re interested in helping out with Eikon or joining in a leadership role for 2016-2017, we want to talk to you!
PLEASE EMAIL US AT: email@example.com