Eikon is accepting submissions through March 31st, 2017.
What Kinds of Work Are You Calling For?
- spoken word
- dramatic/comedic monologues
- dramatic/comedic dialogues
- short stories
- short prose
Does the Content of my Work Have to be Overtly Spiritual?
No, it does not. Work with theological themes or a faith focus are welcome in this space, but so are other content areas. If writing or performance are your gifts, then bring a work that will align with your commitment to “do all for the glory of God.”
Who Can Submit Work?
Anyone within the DTS community with a love for these art forms is welcome to submit work. This includes DTS students, spouses and children of students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Who Decides What is Selected/Included?
The Eikon writing team, made up of current Eikon students will read all works and create a lineup for the evening. How many works are submitted and the length of the program will determine how many we can include. This means submission doesn’t guarantee you a spot but we will try to be inclusive of as many voices as possible and will contact you a week before the event if your submission is one we would like to include.
What are the Submission Requirements?
- all works must be original (written by you)
- your work/selection from your work must be under 10 min in length when performed/read aloud (please time yourself and make the necessary cuts)
- your work should include full names & emails of performers at the top of the submission (if you would like Eikon to connect you with a performer to share your work please indicate so in your email)
- Submit your work double spaced, 12pt font with line numbers and save it as a PDF
- For your submission email use the subject line: Spoken Word Night Entry
- all submissions are a commitment to stick to your manuscript as submitted in your performance (without improvisations) and to talk to Eikon event planner about any desired changes before your performance
- Email your submission to email@example.com
A Visual Example of the Entry Format: